Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Install Cynate Antivirus?
Before you install Cynate antivirus make sure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and any other antivirus software is completely uninstalled from your system.
Quick steps to install Cynate Antivirus are:
- Firstly download Cynate Antivirus from the Cynate website and save it to your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu. If any dialog box appears for
- permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- The Cynate Antivirus Setup wizard will appear.
- Select specific program components and languages that appear on the screen and choose custom installation to specify the path and location to install program files.
- Read privacy information and then click Continue. Cynate Antivirus Setup wizard then shows installation progress.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, you must restart your computer.
Cynate Antivirus is now installed on your computer and ready to use.
2. What are the system requirements to install and run Cynate Antivirus on my PC?
The following are the minimum requirements to install and run Cynate Antivirus:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6 or newer
3. Do I need to remove the old third-party antivirus software before installing Cynate Antivirus?
- 1GHZ CPU or faster.
- 256MB of RAM (512MB or more recommended).
- 500 MB free hard disk space.
- 800x600 or greater screen resolution.
- Active internet connection for database and product updates.
If you want to install Cynate antivirus software on your computer, please uninstall any other third-party antivirus software already installed, including expired or trial versions.
Installing multiple antivirus programs on the same computer results in conflicts, performance degradation, and false detections that lead system instability. Therefore, it is recommended to uninstall all other previous antivirus applications from your computer.
4. What does it mean when I get an alert that Cynate Antivirus has blocked a malicious site?
Cynate Antivirus will alert users when any malicious site, URL, or IP address is encountered and blocked. You don't have to bother as our antivirus protection has blocked the threat from infecting your system. If you receive these alerts when you are not connected to the Internet and there are multiple IPs listed, your system may be affected. Contact support immediately to get the infection removed.
5. How long does it take for the order confirmation email to be sent to me?
The email will take around three (3) hours to reach your mailbox. If you do get it in your Inbox, then check your spam, bulk, or junk mail folders.
6. What should I do if I do not receive an order confirmation email?
If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, contact us for assistance.
7. Can I install the Cynate Antivirus on a system with multiple operating systems?
The Cynate Antivirus applies to all physical systems. If you have multiple operating systems installed on your personal computer or laptop, you may use the same antivirus software on each operating system installed on your system.
8. How can I uninstall Cynate Antivirus?
To uninstall Cynate Antivirus from your computer, use the native Windows to uninstall the program. Steps are:
9. How long is my Cynate Antivirus license valid for?
- First open Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Cynate Antivirus, click Add/Remove, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your computer.
Cynate Antivirus license is valid for one year after the purchase date.